Resources, Contacts and Information


Property Managers – H.S.C. Property Management

Maintenance and repairs – Contact your building superintendent

  • The first step in solving any maintenance or repair issues in your apartment is to contact your building superintendent, who will make an appointment with you to conduct an inspection and make the needed repairs.
  • If the problem cannot be resolved at that point, the superintendent will contact the property manager, H.S.C. Property Management, who will arrange a new appointment with you.
  • In cases where you feel you do not receive a timely response, please contact H.S.C. Management Corporation using the contact information above.

24/7 Emergency Answering Service - 914-237-1600 or 718-543-2800

  • In case of fire or suspected criminal activity – Dial 911 or call the police.
  • No heat or water, loss of electricity, flood – Call your superintendent
  • If you cannot reach your superintendent – Call the H.S.C. Emergency Answering Service at 914-237-1600 or 718-543-2800

Paying rent

  • Monthly rental bills are available by paper or through electronic billing, which is available by registering for (Name of Service) at (web address).
  • Electronic (ACH) payments can also be set up through (Name of Service). This gives you the benefit of knowing you’ve paid your bill on time every month.

Utility bills

  • Water and heat – Usually included in your rent, but please refer to your lease.
  • Electric & gas service – Must be arranged with Con Edison directly. You can reach Con Edison at (800) 752-6633 for any questions and to set up your account.
  • Cable TV and telephone – The providers of your cable and telephone service will vary, depending on your building. If you have any questions regarding service or installation, please contact that provider directly.


  • If you are considering subletting your apartment, please be aware that you must contact management for approval before doing so. You can find detailed information about subletting in your leasing agreement.

Ending your lease agreement

If you do not wish to renew your lease, these are the steps you must take:
1. Complete and return the lease renewal form or respond by email to the appropriate person in our office that you will not be renewing the lease. Be sure to provide your forwarding address so your security deposit can be returned to you.

2. Contact your superintendent to schedule the day and time you will return the keys to your apartment.

3. Move out all your belongings and return your keys. This should be done before the ending date of your lease in order to avoid a penalty.

4. Leave the apartment “broom cleaned” and in the same condition it was when you moved in. You will not be penalized for ordinary wear and tear, such as marks on walls and picture hanger holes.

Gas inspection

As of January 1, 2020, New York City law required that gas piping systems must be inspected by a Licensed Master Plumber (LMP), or a qualified individual working under the direct and continuing supervision of a LMP, at least once every four years. Building owners are required to keep on file for ten years all reports and certifications described in 1 RCNY §103-10. For more information, see Local Law 152 of 2016 and 1 RCNY §103-10.

Data privacy and protection

  • The data held in our computers is encrypted, password-protected, and shielded by advanced security software, including firewalls and antivirus programs.
  • Our employees are trained in data protection procedures.
  • Our systems are continuously monitored for any incidences of potential hacking or data theft.
  • Any paper-based personal data is kept locked in a safe.

Lead paint and mold

  • If you suspect there is mold or lead paint in your apartment or building, contact H.S.C. Management. We will conduct an inspection and contact the appropriate experts to safely remediate the situation.
  • • For more information on controlling and removing mold hazards, call 311 and ask for the "Healthy Neighborhoods Program” or email
  • • For information on removing lead paint, call 311 or use this link:

Reasonable accommodation policy

H.S.C. Management Corporation abides by the Reasonable Accommodation Policy for Tenants, Housing Applicants and Section 8 Voucher Holders, which was recently enacted by the New York City Housing Authority. We work to assure this policy is in every lease we issue and that it has been signed by the resident. If you are a resident in one of the properties we manage, and believe you have not yet read and signed the policy, please download the .pdf below and return a signed copy to the Management Office.

Garbage and sanitation

  • As of April 1, 2023, the NYC Department of Sanitation is implementing a new rule to reduce the time that trash, recycling, and curbside composting will sit on sidewalks.* Your building will be abiding by these rules, which are as follows:
  • If using a container with a secure lid, waste must be placed at the curb 1 hour before closing.
  • If putting bags directly on the curb, waste must be put out after 8:00 PM
* This does not apply to businesses that have waste collected from a loading dock. You can learn more about these regulations at or by calling 311.