Uberizing Real Estate with Zillow Offers
[Note from editor: We publish a Weekly Transmission for Geek Estate Mastermind members that consists of long form articles covering the spectrum from shipping container co-living spaces to the battle for listing acquisition in the first iBuyer world war. Below is a preview of this month’s sample Transmission, which is delivered in full via email.]
BY DREW MEYERS
Originally Published: February 28th, 2019
My jaw dropped when I heard Rich Barton was taking the helm of Zillow again. After all, Spencer Rascoff is an unbelievable executive and the company is the category king, with 157 million monthly users.
Zillow roots run deep for me. Back in 2005, Rich Barton was the single biggest reason I pursued a job at Zillow without any knowledge of the business or the product. As a young whippersnapper looking to soak up anything and everything about tech, business, and management, his intelligence, confidence, and presence deeply inspired me.
The company faced few setbacks, aside from the layoffs in 2008. The consumer was our north star. Rich dreamed big, Spencer kept the pieces moving, and we followed. The transition from Rich to Spencer in 2010 was the right move. At the time, Zillow needed an operator to scale.
Now, it needs a bolt of lightning.
With Zillow Offers floundering and a clear path forward uncertain, Rich offers the company its best chance to innovate its way to growth. There’s nothing quite like a founder’s passion and credibility to right a swaying ship.
Accessing the full article: To receive the Monthly Transmission & Radar going forward, please ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings. The full versions are NOT posted on the blog.
GEEK ESTATE MASTERMIND BRIEFING
A PRIVATE GROUP OF INDEPENDENT THINKERS, FREE FROM SPONSORED MESSAGES, SALES PITCHES AND NOISE
There are four parts to membership:
- Long form articles covering the spectrum from shipping container co-living spaces to the battle for listing acquisition in the first iBuyer world war (Weekly Transmission). A sample Transmission is here.
- Curated real estate, startups, & built world links & analysis blended with out of the box ideas (Weekly Radar). A sample of the links and analysis is here.
- Special reports (our first is a category review of Small Landlord Prop Mgmt Software).
- Networking opportunities with 145+ innovators from across the globe through the private forum & in-person gatherings.
Membership is $97 / quarter
OUR MEMBERS PROMISE
- We deliver an exclusive, objective lens into the trends, companies, people, and ideas shaping real estate technology with thought-provoking analysis and conversations that keep you inspired every week.
- We help you make better, more well-informed decisions to help grow and support people and companies making a difference in real estate.
- We enable discovery and meeting others with shared interests online and in person (whether they live near you or are traveling to the same conference).
We’re looking for the best and brightest founders, operators, innovators, & investors in the industry…
READY TO JOIN RIGHT NOW?
Reminder: To receive the Monthly Transmission & Radar going forward, please ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings. The full versions are NOT posted on the blog.