Proptech Job Opportunity: Sr. Integration & Automation Engineer
We have a job opportunity to share from a member of the GEM, New Western: a Senior Integration and Automation Engineer. Founded in 2008, New Western Acquisitions is a marketplace for investing in “off- market” homes.
Our vision is to provide industry-leading, modern, and transformational tools enabling our business to scale and easily extend into new market/product offerings while offering convenience and optionality to our marketplace. We are looking for a talented Integration and Automation Engineer to join our established but quickly growing company, working on a wide range of automation and integration projects in close collaboration with business leaders, data scientists, product managers, and software developers. This position will be highly visible to Executive Leadership, and you will have the opportunity to be a key player as we transform and develop a modern full-cloud stack including Salesforce, Snowflake, Workato, Tableau, and AWS.
The Integration and Automation Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining systems integrations, business process automations, and ETL/ELT data pipelines on the Workato cloud platform. In this role, you will work with various business leaders to identify, map, design, and implement a variety of business process automations. Additionally, you will work closely with other engineers and developers to implement a REST API-based integration layer that simplifies and streamlines cloud-based systems and microservice integrations. And lastly, you will work with data engineers and data scientists to develop and manage ETL/ELT data ingestion integrations with our Snowflake data environment.
What You Will Do:
- This is a brand-new platform build-out. As such, you will be the primary leader guiding the way as we stand up the full Workato platform to help us meet the needs of our aggressive technology and business strategy.
- Work with multiple business stakeholders to identify a variety of business process automation opportunities. Process mapping and optimization skills are mandatory. Communication and facilitation skills are necessary to navigate the waters of “this is how we currently do it” vs. “this is how it could be done”.
- Work with product management and various developers to optimize system and microservice integrations via a REST API strategy.
- Work with data engineers and scientists to develop, manage, and tune data integrations to/from our Snowflake data environment.
- Oversee, secure, manage and administer the Workato integration platform.
- BS or MS in a technical field: Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 5+ years professional experience working with Process Automation and Integration tools (Workato experience is preferred; experience with Zapier, Flow, Boomi, Tray. io, UiPath, Automate, Alteryx, Talend, Fivetran are acceptable)
- Architect level experience in API-led microservice design and implementation
- Experience with business systems including Salesforce Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Snowflake, HubSpot, Jira, and GitHub are a plus
- A strong architectural mindset, self-starter initiative, and a drive for completion
- Strong communication, writing, presentation, process mapping, and interpersonal skills