June Monthly Radar – GeekEstate Blog
[Note from editor: We publish a Weekly Radar for Geek Estate Mastermind members with a range of curated links and analysis/commentary that comes out every Friday morning along with member news to peruse. This is a summary for the month of June.]
We released Part V of the category product review series for small landlord property management software, a breakdown of Avail.co.
– Drew Meyers
- Congrats to Propy for closing a California transaction with Michael Arrington’s venture fund.
- Sam DeBord was the most recent guest on Russ Cofano’s Gradually then Suddenly Podcast. Listen in here.
- Congrats to Sebastian Tonkin for getting Glide 2.0 out the door!
- Nice work by Christian Harris, one of the hosts of the reThink Real Estate podcast, for their great discussion with Rob Hahn.
- Congrats to Imprev for their new partnership with Climb Real Estate!
- Module’s First Achieved Zero Energy Ready Certification.
- Applications for the NAR 2019 iOi Pitch Battle (in Seattle, August 21-22) are OPEN. Apply Now.
- NAR’s REACH Accelerator is going global!
- CREtech announced their second set of confirmed speakers for their New York event in October.
- Congrats to all those companies represented by Geek Estate members who secured nominations for Inman Innovator Awards: Peer Reputation, Zavvie, Zillow, dashCMA, Endpoint Closing, Reasi, Compass, JP & Associates Realtors, Side, Reali, ListingBits & Industry Relations, Gradually Then Suddenly, Tom Ferry, RESO, Opendoor, and National Association of Realtors.
- Congrats to Aaron Block and MetaProp for adding Sheltr to the growing portfolio. Their announcement video is here.
- Congrats to Natalia Karayaneva for Propy’s selection as a participant in the NAR Reach program.
- Laura Brady, founder and CEO of Concierge Auctions, shares kind words about Giveback Homes in “The Value of Being Nice.” cc Caroline Pinal
- Nate Smoyer is relocating to Chicago to join Ryan Coon’s team at Avail (covered in Part V of our prop mgmt category review series), and Ryan was interviewed in Inside Real Estate.
- Greg Robertson and Dan Woolley made W&R Studios the first vendor to no longer accept new RETS feeds (locked), fully embracing the RESO web API.
- Congrats to Seth Siegler for his new role with “Office 22” (Labs) at eXp Realty. Those who have followed him for years know working in a skunkworks department is his dream job.
- Winning Trust Requires Making a Promise
- Wealth Building Isn’t What it Used to Be
- The New Gilded Age
- Raising Commissions is the New Black
There are 8 links and analysis included. While we published the full November Monthly Radar, going forward we’re only delivering the full version via email. If you’d like to receive the May Monthly Radar (for free), ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings by tomorrow morning.
GEEK ESTATE MASTERMIND BRIEFING
A PRIVATE GROUP OF INDEPENDENT THINKERS, FREE FROM SPONSORED MESSAGES, SALES PITCHES AND NOISE
There are four parts to membership:
Membership is $97 / quarter (but will be raised to $109 soon)
OUR MEMBERS PROMISE
- We deliver an exclusive, objective lens into the trends, companies, people, and ideas shaping real estate technology with thought-provoking analysis and conversations that keep you inspired every week.
- We help you make better, more well-informed decisions to help grow and support people and companies making a difference in real estate.
- We enable discovery and meeting others with shared interests online and in person (whether they live near you or are traveling to the same conference).
We’re looking for the best and brightest founders, operators, innovators, & investors in the industry…
READY TO JOIN RIGHT NOW?
To receive the Monthly Transmission & Radar going forward, please ensure “Receive Monthly Radar/Transmission” is set to YES in your email settings. The full versions are NOT posted on the blog.