Affordable Housing Virtual Conversation – April 8th at 11 am PST
If interested in joining, please shoot me a note (drew at geekestatelabs dot com).
Market level considerations
- Will rents be paid? If not, what are the implications? (forbearance; lease modifications; evictions)
- Will mortgages be paid? If not, what are the implications? (forbearance/foreclosure)
What policy fixes will be short-term and what if any will be long-term?
How do we not waste this crisis to fix:
- Zoning issues
- NIMBY issues
- Permitting issues
- Other regulatory barriers
How do we not waste this crisis to get:
- Cheaper capital for affordable housing
- Funding for resident services
- What operational solutions are now likely to be more palatable for landlords/portfolio owners?
- Will banks, insurance companies, and appraisers change underwriting criteria?
- What tenant services are landlords likely to eliminate or want to adopt?
- How can landlords/portfolio owners operate more virtually?
- How do you get people’s attention in a time of crisis to try your service/solution?